Check back soon!
The Seminole High School Athletic Hall of Fame exists to recognize and honor student athletes, coaches, teams, and sports contributors for their achievements and/or contributions to the Sanford Seminole High School and Seminole High School Athletics programs.
The SHS Athletic Hall of Fame was started by Mike Gaudreau, SHS Principal in Honor of Jim "Doc" Terwilleger, to recognize coaches of SHS that had given significantly of themselves to the high school.
It was then expanded by Coach Mike Kintz to a true Athletic Hall of Fame that includes athletes, teams and contributors.
Inductees are nominated by the public and a nomination committee that is comprised of high school representatives, members of the community and current members of the Hall of Fame. The nomination committee votes on the nominees to determine the current class of inductees.
An athlete is eligible for nomination into the SHS Athletic Hall of Fame five years after graduation. Elements (not requirements) considered when inducting Athletes:
- Made significant contributions in athletics at Seminole High School
- The nominee must have an outstanding record in athletics while a student at SHS.
- Won league, District, State Title or a member of a team that did. Holds school record (s)
- Received All Conference, All-District, or All-State honors.
- Placed in the top 5 at FHSAA State Tournament.
- Competed in multiple State sports and/or competed in multiple State Tournaments
- Participated in post-high school athletics (university, professional, recreational)
- Lead a major statistical category in Conference, District, State, or National level.
A coach is eligible for nomination into the SHS Athletic Hall of Fame 2 years after retiring from coaching. To be eligible coaches must also have coached at Seminole High School for at least 5 years. Elements considered when inducting Coaches:
- Made a positive contribution to the overall SHS Athletic Program coaching
- Had a positive impact on the student-athletes with whom he/she coached
- Inducted into a county, state or National Hall of Fame
- Served on the State/National Coaches Board for a sport
- Won one or more Conference, District, or State Titles
- Coached multiple sports
- Coaches and administrators may be a district employee at the time of the nomination.
Teams are eligible for nomination into the SHS Athletic Hall of Fame 5 years after seniors on the team have graduated.
- Placed in top five at a State Competition
- Won one or more district or state titles.
- Undefeated season/75% or higher winning percentage
Any individual who:Through working with the high school has helped contribute to the betterment of programs and/or growth of programs.
- Through working with the high school and/or school district has helped improve the playing experience/atmosphere for SHS Athletes and coaches.
Nominations for consideration into the SHS Athletic Hall of Fame may be by committee members or by public nominations. Applications for nominations are available in the SHS athletic office and online on the Seminole Athletic Homepage.
The number of inductees for each category per year are as follows:
- Athletes up to 10
- Teams: up to 2
- Coach: 1
- Community Contributor 1
Nomination Forms and Supporting Statements/Documents may be submitted via email, can be submitted using our Google Form as posted on-line or submitted in person at Seminole High School Athletic Department. Lobby of Old Gym. 2701 Ridgewood Ave, Sanford, FL 32773
Want to Learn more, Get involved, or Have someone you'd like to nominate?